Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Blinkies

Well, this weekend is the Canadian Thanksgiving!!! Kind of bittersweet but looking forward to having turkey and a nice family visit. We are having our dinner on Sunday (the holiday is on the Monday). I work until 4 pm on Sunday so I don't have to do any of the cooking!!! Dad is going to cook the dinner with Peter and Jeff's help I would imagine!  We are also having a friend or two for dinner too!! It should be nice and we will also watch our Sunday night shows!! We watch Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Desperate Housewives and Brother's and Sister's. So, most of the evening on Sundays we spend sitting watching TV and crying!!! lol. Sounds inviting doesn't it? lol.

It's getting quite cool outside! :(  We haven't had any snow yet down here in the Valley. We can see it on the top of the mountains which is why we are getting the colder weather. The ski resorts around here have gotten a good dump of it already and I am sure they are excited to get more!! I guess for spring to come back we need to get through winter so bring it on and lets get it over with!!! lol You know you are getting older when every bone, joint and muscle in you aches when the weather changes and gets colder!! haha I actually have some extenuating circumstances with that too but some of the discomfort is due to a bit of arthritis, etc...I also have Lupus. That is an Autoimmune disease. Instead of protecting my body, my immune system attacks my body and system. I will write more about that another time. I have been changing the way I eat, exercise, and the doctor changed my medication. I have been feeling a lot better lately and have been able to sleep more! You have no idea how great full I am for more sleep!!! Anyway, we will see how this winter does for me. Last winter did a number on me and my system so hopefully with all the new things I am trying (thanks to my wonderful sister in law), I will do better this winter!!! My sister in law has been a great source of information and a great inspiration in me changing things and trying things I would never had tried before! Thanks Pen!!!!

Well, should go and get something done around this house while I am off today!!! Wish me luck. We are going to dads for Pizza tonight!!!! Woohoo!!!!


2 comments:

Alyssa said...

hi aunty cherie!!! i wish we were there for thanks giving but we dont live there :( but we are going to have a awesome thanks giving!!! i wish you luck!!!! lol!!! i know my moms advice will work!! it does for us dosent it? :) i hope and pray for you to have a great thanksgiving!!! ttyl

love alyssa

The Nurtured Empath said...

Awwww..*hugs* Just keep at it little by little, step by step!!

Making your green smoothies yet?!?!

Love you too!!
xoxox
Pen